IAS Preliminary Exam Syllabus
IAS Pre Exam Syllabus – Know All Details
The Examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
IAS Pre Exam Paper I – (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy,
Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion,
Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not
require subject specialization.
- General Science.
IAS Pre Exam Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- Note 1: Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in
the Syllabus of Paper II) will be tested through passages from English language only without
providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
Note 2: The questions will be of multiple choices, objective type.